Do you understand that restorative dentistry returns your smile to optimal health? What if we ask you about the details associated with this field of dentistry? Can you answer them? If you find that you still have questions for us about what to expect from restorations, it’s a good idea to ask them. Though your preventive visits with our team are an excellent time to voice concerns or bring up your dental-related inquiries, we would like to provide you with some general information to get you started. Begin gathering insight with a quiz!
Quiz: Restorative Care
- True or False: We offer restorative dentistry, which means we can fix your teeth. However, we cannot replace missing teeth.
- True or False: Restorative care primarily focuses on fixing problems that stem from accidental damage, such as breaking your tooth on hard food.
- True or False: Removing a tooth with a dental extraction is considered restorative in nature.
- False. This is a form of restorative care, which we refer to as prosthetics. We can, in fact, replace missing teeth with one of multiple options, including dental bridges, dentures, or dental implants.
- False. The goal is to repair your tooth regardless of how your tooth became damaged. Whether it was an accident, the result of disease like decay, or otherwise, restorative care “restores” your oral health to its prior status of wellbeing.
- True. The end goal is not strictly to fix a single part of your smile but to fix your overall oral health. As a result, if we cannot save the tooth because it threatens your oral health (perhaps it is severely infected) then we will remove it and then create a plan to replace it.
Call Active Dental in Irving and Grand Prairie Today!
Dr. Kalpesh Patel, Dr. Jason Strickland, and the talented staff at Active Dental believe when you live healthy, you smile healthy, and we make every patient feel as though they are family. We want you to look forward to visiting our office. In addition to the highly-personalized treatment we provide, our office is also packed with amenities (like Netflix during your treatment!) and is designed with a strong focus on patient comfort. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel or Dr. Strickland, call Active Dental in Irving, TX today at 972-556-0600, or in Grand Prairie, TX at 972-606-2999.