Patient Comfort is Our Priority
At Active Dental, we’ve created a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, from our office’s many amenities to our gentle, compassionate approach to patient care. Our advanced technology allows us to perform most procedures faster, safer, and with more esthetically-pleasing results than before. Also, for patients who may feel nervous about their dental treatment, Dr. Patel and Dr. Strickland can administer an appropriate form and dosage of dental sedation.
How We Make Your Treatment Comfortable
Our patients are like family, and our goal is to make you feel at-home every time you visit us. Our waiting room and operatories feature a wide selection of amenities to make you more comfortable, such as;
- A strong WiFi connection that lets you stay connected during your visit
- Pandora® streaming radio with on-ear headphones to reduce noise
- Flat-screen LED TVs so you can watch Netflix during your treatment
- Refreshments, including a coffee bar
- Up-to-date issues of the most popular magazines
- Warm, comfortable blankets and pillows so you can truly relax
The main goal of dental treatment is to preserve as much of your healthy, natural teeth and oral structures as possible. Through advanced technology, we can more-accurately diagnose and treat dental issues in their earliest stages, before they cause irreversible damage.
- Digital X-rays offer several advantages over traditional ones, including safety – they emit up to 90% less radiation, nearly eliminating risks due to exposure.
- The images produced by digital X-rays are also instantaneous, and projected onto a chairside monitor that your dentist can review right along with you.
- Because the X-rays are digital, they can be easily added to your digital dental records and accessed when needed in the future.
- An intraoral camera is a tiny digital camera on a long, thin wand that your dentist uses to view areas of your mouth that cannot be easily seen.
- The digital camera provides a real-time view of your oral cavity so your dentist can spot signs of problems that would not have been detected with a visual inspection.
- By spotting tooth decay, gingivitis, oral cancer, and other oral health issues early, you have a greater chance of preventing the extensive damage that they can cause.
- In dentistry, lasers serve a number of purposes, from early cavity detection and teeth-whitening to minimally-invasive gum contouring and periodontal treatment, making such treatments more comfortable.
- Our advanced dental laser is specially-calibrated to trim and treat soft periodontal tissues without the need for a scalpel, and with minimal damage to nearby gum tissue.
- By eliminating the need for a scalpel and cauterizing soft tissues as it passes over them, the laser minimizes discomfort and can allow you to heal faster following your procedure.
Sedation dentistry involves the use of different kinds of sedatives to help you relax and stay calm while in the dentist’s chair. Patients who experience dental anxiety and fear, as well as patients who are undergoing extensive treatment, can benefit from a carefully administered form of dental sedation.
- Nitrous Oxide – also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is the mildest form of dental sedation. Its effects wear off almost immediately after your procedure.
- Oral Sedation – more potent than nitrous oxide, oral sedation is taken as a pill or liquid. Your memory of the procedure may be hazy, and the sedative effects may linger for the rest of the day.
- IV Sedation – the strongest form of sedation, intravenous sedation produces deep levels of relaxation, almost unconsciousness, and is often recommended for complex wisdom tooth extraction.
Call Active Dental Today!
Dr. Kalpesh Patel and the talented staff at Active Dental believe when you live healthy, you smile healthy, and we make every patient feel as though they are family. We want you to look forward to visiting our office. In addition to the highly-personalized treatment we provide, our office is also packed with amenities (like Netflix during your treatment!) and is designed with a strong focus on patient comfort.To schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel, call Active Dental at 682-217-1850. We also proudly welcome patients who come from Coppell, Valley Ranch, Las Colinas, Irving, and all surrounding communities.12:37 pm