Do you think you might be participating in bad habits for your oral health but you can’t be sure? Perhaps you would simply like to rationalize some of your choices. This way, you may worry about the effects your decisions are having on your smile some other time. The good news is that most habits that affect your smile are simple to change and can have a dramatic impact on its health. Learn more about this topic with a helpful quiz.
Quiz: Bad Habits
- True or False: If you use smokeless tobacco, this is a good alternative to cigarettes. Unlike smoking, it’s not bad for your oral health.
- True or False: Biting down on very hard food is the only chewing-related bad habit that can damage your teeth – biting your nails or nibbling on objects or snacks throughout the day won’t harm your teeth.
- True or False: A habit can actually be something that you don’t do. For instance, if you have a habit of falling asleep before brushing your teeth at night – or becoming too rushed to do so in the morning – this can have a significantly negative impact on the health of your smile.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. All forms of tobacco are dangerous for your oral health and may result in significant problems like oral cancer. We suggest quitting or avoiding tobacco.
- False. While we suggest against eating too-hard foods, it’s important that you realize that too much nibbling and snacking on hard foods, objects, or ice can erode tooth surfaces, promote bruxism, and strain your jaw joints.
- True. Failing to maintain your oral health with consistent dental hygiene (and visits to our practice) can lead to a multitude of problems like cavity formation.
Call Active Dental in Irving and Grand Prairie Today!
Dr. Kalpesh Patel, Dr. Jason Strickland, and the talented staff at Active Dental believe when you live healthy, you smile healthy, and we make every patient feel as though they are family. We want you to look forward to visiting our office. In addition to the highly-personalized treatment we provide, our office is also packed with amenities (like Netflix during your treatment!) and is designed with a strong focus on patient comfort. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel or Dr. Strickland, call Active Dental in Irving, TX today at 972-556-0600, or in Grand Prairie, TX at 972-606-2999. We also proudly welcome patients who come from Coppell, Valley Ranch, Las Colinas, Irving, and all surrounding communities.