Have you been wondering if you really know what you need to know about fluoride? Does the thought cross your mind that perhaps your smile is receiving no fluoride whatsoever, so you may be putting your oral health in danger? Maybe you are worried about using this mineral to strengthen your smile because you are under the assumption that it is a chemical. Fancy finding out whether you have all the answers or need a bit of education on the matter? Breeze through a brief quiz to improve your knowledge.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Fluoride is man made. While it can help you enjoy protected teeth, it’s important to recognize that it is a chemical.
- True or False: Like certain vitamins, you can never accidentally use too much fluoride. Your body will simply flush out the excess.
- True or False: The only way to receive the fluoride you need for good oral health is by visiting us for professional treatments.
- False. Fluoride is completely natural, a mineral that occurs within nature. As a result, you can feel good knowing that a natural product has the capacity to keep your oral health safe.
- False. It’s entirely possible to take in too much fluoride, which can result in a disorder known as fluorosis. We always suggest you schedule twice-annual visits with us, so we may help you manage all aspects of your oral wellbeing, including your fluoride use.
- False. Fluoride is typically present in your town’s drinking water as an additive to protect your teeth. You may also purchase fluoridated toothpaste and rinses.
Call Active Dental in Irving and Grand Prairie Today!
Dr. Kalpesh Patel, Dr. Jason Strickland, and the talented staff at Active Dental believe when you live healthy, you smile healthy, and we make every patient feel as though they are family. We want you to look forward to visiting our office. In addition to the highly personalized treatment we provide, our office is also packed with amenities (like Netflix during your treatment!) and is designed with a strong focus on patient comfort. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel or Dr. Strickland, call Active Dental in Irving, TX today at 972-556-0600, or in Grand Prairie, TX at 972-606-2999. We also proudly welcome patients who come from Coppell, Valley Ranch, Las Colinas, Irving, and all surrounding communities.