Does the appearance of your smile suffer from discoloration? If so, you may be looking for ways to brighten your smile. Fortunately, with cosmetic dentistry we can offer treatment to remove or mask discoloration. In addition, we can discuss ways to help your smile remain brighter for longer periods.
A Look at 5 Ways to Brighten Your Smile
- Cut back on drinks with dark pigments: Drinks that contain dark pigments, such as coffee, soda, tea, and red wine, can actually lead to stains on the teeth. In addition, both foods and drinks that contain a lot of sugar and other starches can lead to plaque buildup, which increases the visibility of discoloration. Instead, trying drinking more water and enjoying fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, and low-fat yogurt as healthy snack alternatives.
- Receive professional teeth whitening: You can have your teeth brightened in our office. The procedure takes just one visit and helps remove discoloration.
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly: You should brush your teeth with a soft bristled toothbrush, reaching every surface of the tooth. You need to do this twice a day, once in the morning and again before bed. You should also floss on each side of every tooth before going to bed. Brushing and flossing remove food particles and also help cleanse the mouth of harmful bacteria, which reduces the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and even the severity of teeth stains.
- Consider porcelain veneers: In some cases the stains may not be the result of the foods and drinks we consume, or other common causes like smoking. Instead, they can be permanent stains that develop as a result of medication, fluorosis, or injury. We may need to mask these kinds of stains with lifelike restorations known as porcelain veneers.
- Have your teeth cleaned: To reduce the severity of stains we can perform a thorough cleaning twice a year.
ABOUT YOUR IRVING AND GRAND PRAIRIE, TX DENTISTS
Dr. Kalpesh Patel, Dr. Jason Strickland, and the talented staff at Active Dental make every patient feel as though they are family. We want you to look forward to visiting our office. In addition to the highly-personalized treatment we provide, our office is also packed with amenities (like Netflix during your treatment!) and is designed with a strong focus on patient comfort. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Patel or Dr. Strickland, call Active Dental in Irving, TX today at 972-556-0600, or in Grand Prairie, TX at 972-606-2999.